According to a report published in Fortune Business Insights, the global video conferencing market size was USD 6.28 billion in 2021 and is projected to grow to USD 14.58 billion by 2029, exhibiting a CAGR of 11.3% during the forecast period. It is no secret that video conferencing has been in high demand for the past two years, and it is expected that this trend will continue. Virtual meetings, webinars, and interviews are becoming more important parts of modern communication as remote work becomes the new normal. Furthermore, businesses are now seeing the benefits of incorporating video conferencing into their websites as a means of enhancing collaboration, improving customer engagement, and improving productivity.
There are several ways you can integrate video conferencing into your website, but integrating them can feel daunting, especially if you haven’t done it before. In this blog, we will provide you with all the information you need about embedding video conferencing into your website or application, as well as low-code options that simplify the process of embedding video conferencing. We will also introduce you to EnableX, a powerful video conferencing platform that seamlessly integrates into your website, enabling you to offer your customers a high-quality video conferencing experience.
This blog guides you on how you can add video conferencing to your website with ease, whether you are looking to enhance internal communication, hold virtual events, or conduct remote interviews. Let us get started and revolutionize how you communicate with your employees and customers.
How Website Video Conferencing Works
There are two viable solutions available for integrating video conferencing into your business application using EnableX.
- A low-code approach using pre-built UI templates can save development time and effort but still requires knowledge of server API for provisioning needs.
- Developing a video conferencing UI from scratch can be a complex and time-consuming process. It requires expertise in front-end UI development and knowledge of server API for provisioning needs. If you still want to pursue this due to specific requirements, you can learn more about our fully powered video API here.
Low Code Development
If you want to integrate video conferencing into your website with low code, you can use a video conferencing platform that offers low-code integration capabilities. Here are the steps you will need to follow:
How to set up video conferencing using Low Code from EnableX:
- Sign up for EnableX Video Embed as your low-code platform
- EnableX Video Embed is a powerful video call app with various conferencing, collaborative, and reporting features.
- You can use EnableX’s REST API to build video meetings for any application or browser in minutes
- EnableX provides a visual builder that allows you to customize your video meeting application’s features and UI scheme
- You do not need client-side SDKs to develop an engaging UI layout for a video meeting application
- Simply select a pre-defined template that suits your business application, edit features and UI scheme through Visual Builder, and go live within minutes with your fully functional video meeting application.
Create a Video Application
Creating a video application using EnableX is a simple process that can be done through the EnableX Portal. By following a few steps, you can have a video application ready to use for online classes or other purposes.
- Login to EnableX Portal
- Create a video project
- Select Low Code as your preference
- Login to EnableX Portal
4. Select a ready-made template for your use case or customise your own template.
If you choose our ready-made virtual classroom template, it provides a banquet of features that are essential for the online classroom.
5. Enter the sub-domain name you want to use for the hosting basis your brand name or business needs.
6. You can customize the user interface further, and change other configuration settings to customise it more before deploying.
Obtain Low Code Snippets
- Once you have built your video meeting application with EnableX, you will receive Video Embed codes for Moderators and Participants’ entry to the Session.
- Click on Go in Get Code box.
- Export the embed code snippet from the low-code platform.
- Insert the code into your institute’s/ organisation’s webpage to get connected to the video session.
- For more information, please read this documentation.
- This will allow users to access the video meetings directly from the webpage, making it more convenient for everyone.
There you have it. You are all set to conduct a video conference.
Build your own video conferencing solution from scratch
This option offers the highest level of customization for your video conferencing interface. You have the freedom to design the interface according to your preferences, add branding elements, and include necessary features. If you want to integrate video conferencing into your website from scratch, here are the steps you will need to follow:
A. Choose a video conferencing API or SDK
There are several video conferencing APIs and SDKs available in the market, including EnableX, Twilio, Agora, Zoom, and many more. Choose the one that suits your requirements the best.
B. Design Video UI for endpoint Applications
- Ensure Pre-Requisites for Video Application: Before developing your video application, ensure that you have the necessary prerequisites in place.
- Create an account on EnableX Portal. If you are new to EnableX, Sign up now
- Create a video project.
- Select I love to code in the preference section.
- Get App credentials to authenticate your application’s requests.
- Get the SSL certificate for the browser application.
- Download and install the SDK of your requirement.
- Set up an environment with tools like Node.js, Git, NPM and others.
Read here for more detailed information about prerequisites.
- Setting up a video application server: The next step is to set up an application server that will provision video rooms, control room entry, and management reporting and automation requirements. An application server is a key component that manages provisioning, workflow automation, and reporting for an application. It acts as a mediator between the Video Server API and other components of the application.
- Code Basic Video Client End Point Application: Using the SDKs, create and compose a user interface that captures and displays video and audio information from a video call with another endpoint, aka a video client application. Client End Points are devices involved in RTC (Real Time Communication) communications, which can be a browser, a mobile device or a tablet running on Android or iOS.
For more detailed instructions on how to code your endpoint application, read here.
- Use Advanced Features in Video Applications:
It is possible to develop more complex audio/video-enabled applications by introducing more controls on streams, data, or connections, utilizing the Advanced Features of EnableX.
EnableX Video offers APIs to add many advanced features to your video application, such as screen sharing, recording, virtual backgrounds and many more. Using these APIs, you can customize your video application to meet specific business needs.
Your video conferencing application is now ready to be deployed to your production environment.
Developers can choose to work with a video conferencing API or SDK to integrate video conferencing features from scratch, while those with less coding experience can use a low-code video conferencing platform to embed video conferencing features directly into their website using an HTML code block.
View our video API developer documentation here