Organisations across various sizes are increasingly adopting video calling and conferencing in their business workflows. When choosing a top WebRTC video provider, there are several factors to be considered.
While some firms can use tools such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom or Google meet, for many, custom deployments are necessary to meet organisational, regulatory, and functional needs. In these cases, a WebRTC based video API based solution allows you to simplify the development process, provide easy access to end-to-end server infrastructure, and offer a range of functionalities.
In this blog, we will explore the benefits of video conferencing APIs and CPaaS platforms, focusing on scalability, streamlined server management, and simplified TURN server integration.
The Key Benefits of EnableX Video APIs
EnableX provides businesses with a comprehensive Video Infrastructure-as-a-Service solution. We offer two options for businesses to leverage our services:
- Public cloud: Businesses can utilize EnableX’s server infrastructure. This allows businesses to access and use video capabilities without the need to configure their own servers.
- Private cloud: EnableX also offers the flexibility to deploy its services on businesses’ own servers. This option is particularly useful for businesses that require higher levels of security or have specific compliance requirements.
- Hybrid Cloud: Depending on requirements, EnableX can help build the deployment and storage stack in custom set ups, helping you get the best of security and functionality.
If you choose EnableX, you will benefit in these ways:
WebRTC: Scalability Made Simple
The EnableX video API is based on WebRTC, an open framework for the web that enables Real-Time Communications (RTC) capabilities in the browser.
WebRTC allows direct communication between browsers without the need for additional software or plugins. However, even though WebRTC facilitates peer-to-peer communication, developers still need a server when multiple peers need to communicate with each other.
WebRTC, which stands for Web Real-Time Communication, has emerged as a game-changer in the realm of video conferencing. With its open-source nature and powerful capabilities, WebRTC offers a multitude of benefits for organizations and individuals alike:
- Enables seamless real-time communication through web browsers, eliminating the need for additional software installations.
- Low latency and high-quality audio and video transmission, revolutionizes the way people collaborate and connect remotely.
- Provides secure end-to-end encryption, ensuring privacy and confidentiality during video conferences.
- Easy integration into existing applications and scales effortlessly to accommodate growing demands.
- Its adaptability and scalability make it an ideal choice for businesses of all sizes
In summary, leveraging WebRTC as your video conferencing stack not only enhances productivity and collaboration but also offers a cost-effective and user-friendly solution. Overall, you can access a complete set of practical tools and services to overcome limitations such as bandwidth bottlenecks and focus on your core business.
Streamlining Signalling Servers for webRTC
Efficient real-time media and data exchanges in video conferencing require signalling servers. These servers act as the facilitators of communication, establishing connections, coordinating communication, and terminating sessions. However, building, maintaining, and buying servers for signalling purposes is always not easy to follow.
EnableX Video conferencing APIs and CPaaS offer an attractive solution, allowing developers to use its existing infrastructure. This offloads the complex tasks of server setup, management, and scaling from the developers to the service provider. As a result, developers can concentrate more on the core functionalities of their applications, reduce overhead costs, and accelerate their time to market.
Simplifying WebRTC TURN Servers
TURN (Traversal Using Relays around NAT) servers are like helpful middlemen when direct peer-to-peer communication is hindered by firewalls or network restrictions. The TURN server takes the media content from one device and passes it to the other through the media server and helping the call happen smoothly.
However, deploying and maintaining TURN infrastructures can add complexity and additional costs to your business.
EnableX Video conferencing APIs and CPaaS platforms handle the complexities of TURN servers, allowing developers to rely on their expertise and streamline their development process. This eliminates the need to invest significant resources in managing TURN servers, enabling you to focus on building exceptional communication experiences.
Video Conferencing API Benefits for Developers:
In addition to the core advantages mentioned above, video conferencing APIs provide developers with several other notable benefits:
- Accelerated Product Launch: EnableX Video APIs offer pre-built features that can significantly reduce development time. With EnableX Video conferencing API, developers can quickly integrate streaming, recording, collaborating and more additional features.
- Ensuring GDPR Compliance: EnableX video API is GDPR-compliant. This ensures your data security. This compliance inculcates trust in your users and ensures that their sensitive information is treated with the utmost care.
- Comprehensive Documentation and Support: EnableX gives access to both comprehensive documentation and reliable support making your development process a lot easier and more efficient. way, you can create a better video conferencing experience for your users, because you can focus on building great features instead of figuring out how to make things work.
Choose your Video API Carefully
When considering video conferencing APIs, evaluating different options and comparing their features is important. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Video Quality and Reliability: Look for APIs that offer high-quality video and audio streaming capabilities. Ensure that the APIs provide reliable connections, low latency, and adaptive bitrate control to accommodate varying network conditions.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: Check whether the video conferencing API supports multiple platforms, such as desktop computers, mobile devices, and web browsers. This compatibility ensures that participants can join video meetings from their preferred devices.
- Collaboration Features: Consider the additional collaboration features provided by the API, such as screen sharing, file sharing, chat functionality, and real-time annotations. These features enhance collaboration and productivity during video meetings.
- Security and Privacy: Security is paramount in video conferencing. Look for APIs that prioritize encryption protocols, authentication mechanisms, and compliance with industry standards such as GDPR or HIPAA. Robust security measures protect sensitive information and ensure the privacy of participants’ data.
EnableX Video APIs offer pre-built functionalities and services which are designed for seamless video communication including live streaming, live transcription, live recording, encoding, decoding, watermarking, encoding, decoding, and managing connections. These APIs help developers optimize bandwidth usage, ensure smooth real-time communication, and handle various video-related challenges.
Choosing the Right Communication Platform as a Service (CPaaS)
When it comes to selecting a Communication Platform as a Service (CPaaS) solution, developers must consider various factors to ensure seamless integration and efficient development processes.
- Flexibility in Language Selection: Ensure that the CPaaS platform supports a wide range of programming languages, including popular ones like NodeJS, Java, Python, PHP, Laravel, and more. This flexibility allows developers to work with their preferred languages and frameworks.
- Public, Private, or Hybrid Cloud Deployment: Evaluate whether the CPaaS platform supports public, private, or hybrid cloud deployment models. This flexibility enables organizations to choose the most suitable deployment option based on their security, compliance, and infrastructure requirements.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: Consider cross-platform compatibility to ensure a seamless communication experience for their users.
- Mobile and Web Browser Support: The CPaaS platform should offer compatibility with both mobile platforms (iOS and Android) and different web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.). This cross-platform support ensures that users can access communication features from their preferred devices.
- Unified Communication Experience: The CPaaS platform should allow for unified communication experiences across different platforms. This means that users can seamlessly transition between mobile devices and web browsers without losing any functionality or data.
- Documentation and Developer Resources: API documentation and developer resources play a crucial role in successful integration and development. Consider the following aspects:
- Extensive API Documentation: Well-documented APIs make it easier for developers to understand and utilize the available communication features.
- Sample Codes: Sample Codes assist developers in testing and exploring different functionalities, accelerating the learning process and enabling quick prototyping.
- Intuitive Tutorials and Guides: These resources help developers get started quickly and overcome any hurdles they may encounter during the development process.
- DevOps Requirements: Consider the DevOps requirements associated with the chosen CPaaS platform. Evaluate the following aspects:
- Deployment and Infrastructure Management: Determine whether the CPaaS platform handles deployment and infrastructure management tasks, reducing the DevOps workload for developers. Automated deployment processes streamline the development cycle and minimize operational complexities.
- Scalability and Performance Monitoring: Check if the CPaaS platform provides tools for monitoring scalability and performance. These features help developers track resource utilization, identify bottlenecks, and optimize application performance to deliver a smooth communication experience.
A full-stack service provider will:
- take care of all the requirements by creating all its components in complete harmony with each other. Hence, even if you start with just one of them, integrating the rest at a later stage is seamless.
- You pay for what you use and never for the whole package unless you opt for the latter. With its open SDKs and APIs, it gives the freedom to the developers to design the applications as per requirement.
While on the lookout for a CPaaS vendor, you may also want to consider the role of intelligence in today’s communication. Many CPaaS providers are now moving towards a broad range of communication APIs that support AI/IOT/VR capabilities too. Choose one that can provide your organisation with a distinct edge over the competitors.
EnableX is among select CPaaS providers globally, offering full-stack CPaaS platforms with voice, video, SMS and WhatsApp with advanced features such as recording, AR and translation.
With EnableX’s robust APIs, organisations can begin with one communication functionality and easily add others as they enhance their applications and workflow to be omnichannel. This gives any organisation the trust and confidence that they will not have to select different platform providers as their needs expand. Experience EnableX CPaaS here.