For most insurance companies, handling motor insurance claims involves a lot of hassles. From the time a claim is filed to a surveyor physically verifying it to approving the claim amount to the final settlement, the process can be tedious and frustrating for insurers as well as customers.
All that is set to change! Live Video Calling is here to eliminate the hassles and make the claims process easy and quick. With Live Video Calling, settlements can be wrapped up in a matter of minutes – with just a few clicks on the smartphone.
‘Visual’ Disruption: Benefits of Auto Insurance Claims Process with Live Video Chat
Integrating video calling in the CRM and the claims management app eliminates the need for surveyors to physically inspect damaged vehicles. As a result, it drastically reduces waiting time while simplifying the process involving the filing of claims, assessment, and approval.
Here are some essential benefits of using Live Video Calling:
For Insurance Companies
- Live Video Chat seamlessly integrates with the CRM and claims management application, simplifying the claims process.
- The easy-to-use technology helps save operational costs, enabling insurance companies to optimise resources.
- It accelerates the claims assessment process.
- Your agents can share documents with customers on-screen during the video calls, making the service more responsive.
- Chances of fraudulent insurance claims are minimised, thanks to live-video assessments by back-office agents.
Quick assistance ensures high customer satisfaction and long-term customer loyalty.
For Customers or Claimants:
- The damage claims process can be set in motion instantly.
- The turnaround time for claims becomes shorter and customers can get compensated without delay.
How the Process Works
When a vehicle is involved in an accident, the customer opens the insurance company’s app or its website on the phone and goes through the following simple steps:
- The customer initiates a call with the insurance company’s customer care agent.
- Based on the information provided by the customer, the agent verifies the identity.
- The claims executive pulls out the customer’s data such as the sum insured, coverage, the type of insurance, etc.
- The agent shares with the customer a video link via SMS or chat to instantly hold a video call.
- The customer clicks on the link, the video call starts, and a claims executive guides them on the next steps.
- The agent asks the customer to show the number plate and VIN for the purpose of verification.
- On the video call, the agent guides the customer on how to show the damaged sections of the accident-hit vehicle and the immediate location or setting.
- Annotations are added to list the damaged parts shown on the video call.
- The survey done on the video call is recorded for further assessment.
- If satisfied, the agent offers a tentative settlement amount based on an assessment of the damage.
- Within a few minutes, the claim amount gets confirmed!
In a world in which technology is revolutionising how we communicate, slow-to-change insurers can’t afford to ignore this digital transformation. To catch up with customers’ evolving expectations, Live Video Calling is the way to go for motor insurance companies to settle claims efficiently.
Sign up for a Free Trial of Live Video Chat in your Auto Insurance Claim process Now
The EnableX Video Platform is built using the best-in-class technologies and infrastructure to deliver best possible customer experience. With the use of WebRTC as the underlying real-time communication framework, we ensure seamless communication across end points and mobile devices. We offer native APIs and SDK’s along with hybrid frameworks – both for web and mobile applications including ReactNative, Flutter and Cordova to enable quick integration by developers.