What is DLT registration?
DLT is a government mandated technology that helps to track and verify the origin and delivery of SMS messages, ensuring that they are sent and received by the intended parties. If you are a business or organization looking to send bulk SMS anywhere in India, you need to complete DLT (Distributed Ledger Technology) registration prior to sending SMS to any users in India.
Why is DLT registration required to send SMS?
DLT registration is a mandatory requirement set by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) and must be complied with by any organization that wants to send SMS messages in India. The technology is designed to reduce spam, increase telecom subscriber satisfaction and improve trust and safety.
How to apply for DLT registration for sending SMS in India?
Any business or organization based in India which has a valid business registration and wishes to send SMS to users in India can apply.
Individuals are not eligible to apply for DLT registration.
If you meet these requirements, you can start the DLT registration process by filling out the application form and submitting it to TRAI. You may also need to pay a fee to complete the registration process. If you need help with the DLT registration process, you can contact us. The EnableX team will help complete DLT registration, and you can then use EnableX’s powerful SMS API to send SMS anywhere in India!
How does it work?
The DLT process works as follows:
- A business registers with the authorised DLT providers as an ENTITY and receives an ENTITY ID
- The business must then register an alpha-numeric or numeric SENDER-ID / HEADER, which is the “from” identifier which is shown to the recipient when the SMS is received on their phone for approval.
- Once the SENDER-ID/HEADER is approved, the business must register the templates of all SMS it intends to send and get them approved. For each approved template, the business received a unique TEMPLATE ID.
- Using these information points, viz the ENTITY ID, the SENDER-ID and the TEMPLATE ID, the business can send SMS to users through any SMS delivery providers like EnableX.
How to register for DLT in India?
The application form for DLT registration can be found on the TRAI website or at any authorized DLT registration center. You will need to provide some personal and business information and details about the SMS messages you plan to send, such as the number of messages, the frequency of sending, and the intended recipients. It’s important to double-check the application form for errors and make sure all required fields are completed before submitting it.
EnableX can also undertake the registration process on your behalf as a paid service. Contact us here for details.
What is the time and cost involved in DLT registration?
The average cost and time for DLT registration in India depends on your telecom service provider.
We have a team skilled at DLT registration, who can assist you in the process and complete the registration in the shortest possible time. Use the contact us section on our website to get our team to help you register for your DLT credentials and set up your SMS sending requirements on EnableX.
Once we’ve submitted your application form and required documentation, TRAI will review your application and may request additional information or clarification. If your application is approved, you will receive a DLT registration details, which you will use for sending your SMS campaigns.
What documents are required for DLT registration?
In addition to the application form, here is a list of documents you will need to provide in order to support your DLT registration.
- Identification documents, such as a PAN card or Business PAN
- Proof of Address- GST Certificate, Certificate of Incorporation, TAN Certificate, FSSAI License, Import/Export Registration Certificate
- Letter of Authorization
It is ideal to ensure that you have the necessary documents ready before you start the DLT registration process to avoid delays or rejections.
How to ensure DLT Registration is successfully completed?
There are a few tips that can help you to complete the DLT registration process smoothly and successfully:
- Make sure you understand the eligibility criteria and requirements for DLT registration, as outlined by the TRAI. This will help you to avoid any unnecessary delays or rejections.
- Follow the guidelines and instructions provided by the TRAI carefully and make sure to submit all required documents and information.
- If you have questions or need assistance with the DLT registration process, you can contact the TRAI or seek help from a reputable provider like EnableX.
To conclude, DLT registration is a mandatory requirement for businesses and organizations that want to send bulk SMS messages in India. By following the guidelines and conditions set by the TRAI and seeking help from a reputable provider like EnableX, you can complete the DLT registration process smoothly and successfully. This will allow you to send messages seamlessly in India while ensuring that your messages are delivered to the intended recipients.
However, if you already have a registered DLT number, we would be happy to schedule a demo to showcase our platform’s capabilities and get started on benefitting your business.
Click here if you are interested, and our sales team will get in touch with you at the earliest!
If you want to complete DLT registration by yourself, you can visit the following links. Please note you can register with any telecom provider to send SMS to any network:
Jio DLT portal: https://trueconnect.jio.com/#/
Vodafone DLT portal: https://www.vilpower.in/
Airtel DLT portal: https://dltconnect.airtel.in/
BSNL DLT portal: https://www.ucc-bsnl.co.in/
MTNL DLT portal: https://www.ucc-mtnl.in/
Videocon DLT portal: https://smartping.live/entity/login
Tata Teleservices DLT portal: https://telemarketer.tatateleservices.com:8082/#/
Disclaimer: All information provided on this page is for informational purposes only. DLT Registration is subject to approval by TRAI, the service provider and other authorised entities. View our T&C here.