Video SDK facilitates Video Communications between EnableX Server and Client Endpoint Applications. Wide Range of SDKs available for developing Web Browser-based Apps, Mobile Native and Hybrid Apps. SDK uses bi-directional signalling and media flow control to select the best network path.
Video SDK is used to develop Client End Video Applications. A Video SDK provides Functions that use underline APIs over Web Sockets to communicate with EnableX Servers for effective RTC Session. It also propagates Events of different kinds to each end-points connected to the Session to update or notify the status of actions or session.
SDK handles the following four major entities:
- EnableX Room: It represents the client-side session and is used to handle all room/session related events. It handles the connection, local stream publication and remote stream subscriptions. It creates the room object by passing the token these users have previously received from your service. This token has to be retrieved using the Server API because it is a user access token.
- EnableX Stream: It represents the user (audio, video and/or data) stream, identifies it, and where it should be drawn.
- Events: It represents events related to client-side entities:
- Room Events: It represents events related to room connection
- Stream Events: It represents events related to streams within a room
- Player: It represents the customisable UI element that can be used to render the stream in the DOM/View handler in the browser/Mobile SDK respectively.
Type of SDKs
EnableX provides different types of SDKs for the development of Video Applications on different platforms and application frameworks, viz:
- Web SDK: A Lightweight JS Library for the development of browser-based Video Applications.
- Native SDK:
- Android SDK: SDK to develop Native Application on Android Devices.
- iOS SDK: SDK to develop Native Application on iOS Devices.
- Hybrid SDK:
- React Native SDK: SDK to develop a Hybrid Application on React Native Framework.
- Flutter SDK: SDK to develop a Hybrid Application on Flutter Framework.
- Cordova SDK: SDK to develop a Hybrid Application on Cordova Platform.
Read more on SDKs: