Table of Contents
- What kind of security features does EnableX implement?
- Does EnableX store customer account information on the EnableX server?
- Does EnableX store end user information or end user customer content on EnableX server?
What kind of security features does EnableX implement?
EnableX platform is designed with security and privacy in mind.
- Signaling Encryption: HTTPS with PKI certificate validation
- All control plane messaging uses HTTPS
- Media Encryption: AES 256-bit encryption DTLS-SRTP for Audio, Video & Shared Content
- Infrastructure resides within its own private network and there is no access of the core infrastructure from the public internet.
- Every request that is processed by the server needs a valid token authenticated by the system through APP_ID/APP_KEY.
|Data & Privacy All users’ data, including identities, and payment information, stay anonymous.||Infrastructure Security Fortified network with Private VPN accessible only via secure API gateway||Secure Protocol HTTPS authentication and secure RTP for media transportation|
|GDPR and HIPPA EnableX platform is GDPR compliant and HIPPA ready, which means that any business can trust EnableX with data privacy and confidentiality.||Encryption AES256 encryption for all voice, video and signalling traffic||PKI Certificate Valid PKI certs for all customer facing servers|
Video is encrypted at the sender endpoint. Once arriving to the media server, each participant’s video is briefly decrypted in memory before immediately being re-encrypted and sent out to other participants. WebRTC requires this, as it does not allow the negotiation of a single set of DTLS keys between more than two participants.
Decrypted video is not stored in any server or storage device or transported over any network. Each participant in an EnableX video room negotiates its own DTLS/SRTP connection to EnableX’s media server and all video streams are subscribed to via secure transport layer.
Does EnableX store customer account information on the EnableX server?
EnableX stores the contact information of its own customers only and not of the end users of your applications/solutions. The information so stored is for billing purposes and to identify each unique customer account and provide safe and secure API keys.
Does EnableX store end user information or end user customer content on EnableX server?
EnableX does not collect and store any end user information from the video and voice chat services made available via the customer API keys of the registered account. The end user information management storage is the responsibility of the Application developer/solution provider.